TUITION: €50 per person for a coached 2 hour session
(Purchase €50 Workshop Voucher on Web Shop on http://theswimstudio.ie/shop/
CONTACT: For more information, please contact Melissa Duncan at
DESCRIPTION: Introducing the fundamental skills and three foundations of Total Immersion swimming – balance, streamlining, stability. You will learn how to swim effortlessly and efficiently in a fun and friendly environment. This skills session is suitable for people of a wide range of abilities including; – Beginners looking to gain confidence and progress from swimming beyond one length at a time & those lifelong swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
– Balance and Stability: Become ‘weightless’ by learning to cooperate with gravity instead of fighting it. Learning balance transforms struggle into smoothness and calms churning legs. It also brings the body control and mental calm necessary to learn every skill that follows.
– Sleek and Slippery: Learn to move through water, rather than move it around, by shaping your body to be longer, better aligned, more hydrodynamic; and Stroking in ways that minimize waves and turbulence. Slippery swimming means that you travel farther and easier on each stroke.
– Whole Body Propulsion: Replace churning with effortless power by connecting arm and leg actions to rhythmic, relaxed weight shifts initiated in the core. Instead of generating muscular force you’ll direct ‘available’ forces of body mass and gravity.
What will you take away?
– You’ll enjoy swimming as never before. And the more you enjoy, the more you’ll practice and the more you’ll improve.
– The foundational skills that will transform your stroke to TI swimming.