TUITION: €230 per person (to include lunch)
(Purchase €230 Workshop Voucher on Web Shop on http://theswimstudio.ie/shop/
CONTACT: For more information, please contact Melissa Duncan at
• What Will You Learn?
Replace guesswork and drudgery with the only guaranteed way to swim faster: hardwire your brain and nervous system to maintain a long, fluent and relaxed stroke while swimming as far and as fast as you choose. In this workshop we will teach you to do this in three steps:
• Personalize Stroke Length – Find your optimal range of stroke counts (SPL range) for pool practice based on your
height and skill characteristics.
• Adapt Stroke Length – Learn to make strategic use of each stroke count in your personal range to swim farther or
faster with minimum strain and maximum ease.
• Blend Stroke Length and Rate – Learn to use a Tempo Trainer in combination with your personal range of stroke
counts to create (i) sustainable speed – the easiest way to maintain a consistent pace for any distance and (ii) smart
speed – the easiest way to increase the pace.
This approach replaces one-size-fits-all workouts with practice that is completely personalized and will bring a mathematical specificity and predictability to your practice planning and set design.
This workshop will also include a video analysis session.
Who Should Take This Workshop?
• An understanding that this method of personalized practice can bring rapid improvement in performance.
• The ability to make confident, effective and personalized choices in self-coaching.
• The template for an infinite variety of mentally stimulating and physically challenging swim practise.
TI Swimmers ready to take the next step to efficient swimming
• TI Swimmers who want to learn how to take the guesswork and drudgery out of their swim practice.
• Long-time swimmers who find themselves stuck on a plateau or who have lost motivation.
• This workshop is reserved for those swimmers able to swim 50m and 100m repeats of TI Freestyle swimming and have fundamentals of TI swimming in place.
Bookings cancelled less than two weeks before this event can be transferred to future workshops only if the place can be filled by somebody else.